Monday, August 10, 2009
Snapping Turtle Visits East Silent Resort
On one lovely summer day at East Silent Resort a curious snapping turtle came onto our sandy beach to sun bathe. No, the snapping turtle did not want a golden tan like our human guest at East Silent Resort that day, rather the snapping turtle wanted to absorb some heat and light from the sun. Unlike humans, turtles cannot generate their own body heat, so they must find other ways to regulate their body temperature like sun bathing. Some of our guests were able to take a picture with the sun bathing snapping turtle. (The snapping turtle was not harmed, just a little grumpy from being disturbed)
posted by Leonard Family
- Family Time!!!
- Lazy Days of Summer
- Endless Possibilities
- Walleye...From Water to the Wall
- East Silent Resort on Valley News Live (Fargo, ND)...
- Water Toys at East Silent Resort!
- What A Crappie!
- One Huge Bird!!!
- CSB/SJU Reunion at East Silent Resort
- Feature on Fargo Valley News Tonight!!!